The composition of the 3 year Professional "Bachelor of Interior Design (Bsc)" Course has been structured to provide students with the professional knowledge and practical skills required to succeed as an interior designer. The Course offers you a unique opportunity to develop a full or part time career as a professional interior designer.
When you successfully complete this Course, you will acquire the knowledge and practical skills required to start your own interior design consultancy service, or to practice as a freelance interior designer, or to work in the many businesses, service sector or industries associated with interior design. This Course is all about aesthetically managing space through interior design concept for gain.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES :
Every day, many private clients, businesses, builders, architects and real estate agents, all have an ongoing need for design skills. These could be for new homes, offices and commercial interiors or renovations, departmental stores, hospitals, medical facilities, recreational centres, hotels, banks and other facilities like health care, educational facility design, museum and exhibition design, event design(including ceremonies, parties, conventions and concerts), theatre and performance design, production design for film and television, the list is endless. These needs are fulfilled by the professional interior designer. The services of interior designer is also utilized for choosing functional lighting, furniture, fabrics and window treatments, wall and floor coverings , choosing colour and decorative options.Compared to other professions, interior designing is a rewarding career which gives ample scope for job satisfaction and financial benefit.
Treat this Course as a partnership. You provide the interest in interior design and the willingness to learn while the talented, experienced and dedicated faculty of Golden Cross College of Interior Designing teaches you with the practical knowledge and skills. Students are exposed to latest in technology and software skills to enhance their knowledge base. In this way, after completion of course, you will be fit to take your first steps into the exciting and challenging world of interior design.
Duration : 3 years ( 6 Semesters)
In addition, 1½ month's full time internship per year to fulfil full time 60 days or part time 120 days or in combination to fulfil full time 60 days (excluding University holidays) of practical training in Professional Architects / Interior Designers / Interior contractors / Civil contractors office, during Internal Assessment of the second term of third year.
Essential Qualifications :
- S.C (10+2) of Kerala, H.S.C. Board or Equivalent Board of any state.
- Where 10+2 scheme is not introduced, candidates must have passed after 11 years schooling, the higher secondary, pre university, pre-Engineering or equivalent examination of any recognized University of Board of any state.
- Passing of 10+2 any course in architecture, Interior, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Building Supervisor, Architectural Assistantship, architectural, civil draughtsman ship or similar courses in architectural, civil, MCVC or any other technology in which Engineering drawing is covered – all recognized by the technical Education Board Kerala or equivalent Universities and boards of any state.
- Candidates who wish to join are required to attend Interior Design Aptitude Test (IDAT) followed by studio test and interview.
- Those awaiting results can also apply.
- The University shall conduct the examinations at each academic year as decided from time to time.
- The Sessional work shall as far as possible be assessed by a Jury panel of internal examiners.
- The weightage of marks for subjects having both class work as well as examination marks will be under the university norms.
- The passing percentage shall not be less than 40% in the internals and Externals.
In addition to all the passing standards prescribed, the candidates shall have to produce to the college the required certificate of completing the internship from the firm they worked with before starting the Internals of second term of the Third year (6th semester) of Bsc.
Teaching faculty are all well experienced and dedicated professionals in their respective fields. Similarly visiting faculty are from practicing professionals in the related field.
Study Tours :
As an integral part of Interior Design Education Curriculum and as part of teaching programme, the Institution arranges study tours-field works, site visits to places of interesting design and professional aspects, market survey to study advance material, technology and its rates, exhibition of work and materials, etc..
After successful completion of course, students are awarded Degree Certificate of Bsc Interior Designing by the University